Blog directory Lakshmi’s Hope Story by Akshaya Patra | Akshaya Patra Foundation

Donate and Save Tax

Lakshmi’s Hope Story by Akshaya Patra

Lakshmi - Akshaya Patra Beneficiary

Standing guard in defense of the country is a mighty ambition. Lakshmi Bai, a 13-year-old beneficiary of The Akshaya Patra Foundation, an NGO in Hubballi, studying in Std VII, wants to join the armed forces. The Siachen incident, where 10 soldiers were buried underneath snow, changed the way she looked at the armed forces and inspired her to pursue the dream of joining them. She admires the sacrifices soldiers make so that citizens can be safe.

Lakshmi’s hope story is that she wants to serve her nation 24*7. “Protecting the nation is the primary objective. Sleep is secondary,” she says, adding, “This is my tribute to the martyrs and the soldiers who are working day and night for our nation. A soldier takes care of his nation irrespective of the weather. He has to stand vigil when the nation sleeps peacefully. I admire our soldiers."

Lakshmi enjoys the mid-day meals served in her school in Karnataka’s Hubballi, by Akshaya Patra, an NGO in Hubballi. “I do not bring lunch from home as I like the meals served in school, especially the pulao. The meals are highly nutritious, so my mother is not worried about my health anymore,” she says confidently.

0 comments:

Back to School Campaign

Back to School Campaign
Donate for Children in Need

Akshaya Patra Annual Report 2015-16

I Share My Lunch

I'm Javeriya - An Aspiring footballer

Favourite Dishes of Beneficiaries

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Flicker Google plus

Popular Posts