Blog directory My mom would feel proud to see me save lives | Akshaya Patra Foundation

Donate and Save Tax

Home » , , , » My mom would feel proud to see me save lives

My mom would feel proud to see me save lives

Manasi - Akshaya Patra Beneficiary

Wanting to make their parents proud is a dream many children nurture. Manasi Lohar, beneficiary of an NGO in Gujarat, The Akshaya Patra Foundation, is one such child. She is studying in Std V in Smt Tarabhen Modak Primary School in Surat, Gujarat. “I want to study well and become a doctor,” says Manasi, who loves reading about new things every day. The 10-year-old wants to be a doctor so that she can save people’s lives. She also adds, “It’s my mother’s dream to see me achieve big things in life. I want to make her proud.” Apart from Gujarat, Akshaya Patra also served Mid-day Meals to children in other countries.

Manasi’s mother is a homemaker, while her father works in a factory. She has an elder sister, who studies in Std VII and a younger brother in Std II. She likes to participate in various competitions that are held in school. She stood second in an essay-writing competition that was held recently to spread awareness about the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Clean India Mission). The young girl advocates the importance of keeping surroundings clean. 

Math is Manasi’s favorite subject because she finds it challenging to solve mathematical problems. As for sports, she likes playing kho-kho and kabaddi.

Manasi relishes Mid-day Meals served in Surat by Akshaya Patra. She says it’s tasty, like homemade food. She lists the dishes that are served in her school like khichdi, varan (daal), poli (roti) and others. Of these, she says, khichdi is her favorite and adds that food is important for our growth because it provides necessary nutrients.

Mansi is just one of the many children who needs your support. Be a part of the initiative to make their dreams come true. To sponsor a child, donate online.

0 comments:

Back to School Campaign

Back to School Campaign
Donate for Children in Need

Akshaya Patra Annual Report 2015-16

I Share My Lunch

I'm Javeriya - An Aspiring footballer

Favourite Dishes of Beneficiaries

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Flicker Google plus

Popular Posts