Blog directory Meet Gagana, Akshaya Patra Beneficiary - Inspired to Uphold Law | Akshaya Patra Foundation

Donate and Save Tax

Meet Gagana, Akshaya Patra Beneficiary - Inspired to Uphold Law

When children dream big, the possibilities of witnessing a successful nation is high. The Akshaya Patra Foundation, children NGO in Bengaluru, is working towards eliminating hunger among school children – an issue that leads to school drop-out. Here’s a testimony of a beneficiary who is inspired to achieve big.

Gagana - Akshaya Patra Beneficiary

Gagana, an Akshaya Patra beneficiary, carries an ambition that can protect the rights of every individual – to become a lawyer. A 13-year-old student of Std VII at Government Higher Primary School, Jyothipura, Bengaluru, intends to be a part of illustrious fraternity of lawyers. 

“I want to become a lawyer because I want to throw all wrongdoers in jail. I would uphold the law and protect the clients’ rights. I will remain loyal to my work and not accept bribe,” says Gagana who is fascinated by lawyers working method – drawing logical conclusions and mapping issues with limited information. In the process of reaching her goal, Gagana wants to excel in studies, be independent, and also lend a helping hand to her parents. Gagana’s father is a labourer and mother works as a housemaid.

Akshaya Patra, a children’s NGO, is currently providing mid-day meals to over 1.6 million children and Gagana is one among them. Talking about the variety of menu of mid-day meals, she says, “I like all the meals served by Akshaya Patra and Bisi Bele Bath is my favourite. I also love the sweet.”  Her siblings – a brother in Std IX and a sister in Std VI – both of whom are Akshaya Patra’s beneficiaries, are encouraged by the Foundation’s programme. Gagana’s favourite subjects are Hindi and Kannada. She elaborates with a smile, “I like the way Miss Devika teaches Hindi and Kannada. She motivates us to learn and also advises us. I will work hard and score good grade.”

Here is the government case study on menu based mid-day meals.

0 comments:

Back to School Campaign

Back to School Campaign
Donate for Children in Need

Akshaya Patra Annual Report 2015-16

I Share My Lunch

I'm Javeriya - An Aspiring footballer

Favourite Dishes of Beneficiaries

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Flicker Google plus

Popular Posts